Wednesday, February 11, 2009

T-Minus 3 Days



Someone pry the conversation hearts out of my hands!


So, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Is everyone ready? I spent Monday night working on the valentines Brady will take to Awanas with him tonight. They’re getting Spiderman valentines. Last night I did the goody bags and valentines for his class party at school on Friday. These are a variety of Incredible Hulk, Spiderman and Iron Man valentines. One of the great things about having children is all the fun stuff you get to do for the different holidays. I’m loving it!

Brady is getting a Batman toy and a book about sharks for his Valentine’s gift. DH bought a bunch of comic books at a sale a few weeks ago, so that is his gift. I’m getting a Vera Bradley zip-around wallet in Raspberry Fizz. J I’ve been needing a new one for ages, considering the one that I have now is at least 6 years old and probably older. My Fossil wallet served me well, but she needs to be retired now.

Saturday night we’re having a bunch of friends over for dinner. All of us have small children and we don’t really go out on Valentine’s Day anymore, so I thought it would be fun to have everyone over and just make a party out of it. I’m serving lasagna, salad and garlic bread, plus German chocolate cupcakes and red velvet cupcakes for dessert! My friend is bringing fruit for the lactose-intolerant/gluten-free friends that we have. J
So what are you doing on February 14th?

1 comment:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Serah, your Valentine's party sounds like so much fun!! I wish we entertained more often, but T is never home. :( Natalie is getting a tiny box of chocolates, two dolls for her Loving Family dollhouse, and some dress-up jewelry (from Michaela Byrd). Michaela Byrd is getting a pink stuffed dog, and we're going to make T a big heart shaped cookie cake and decorate it. I have to agree that holidays with children are much more fun! :) (if they're healthy!)