Friday, January 30, 2009

Finally Friday and a Big Boy Room

It’s finally Friday! I’m so looking forward to a relaxing weekend. February is a very busy month, so we’re going to be taking advantage of the calm before the storm.

Yesterday I mentioned that we’re getting ready to redo Brady’s room, making the transition from little boy to Big Boy.

As far as furniture goes, I’m hoping to find something that is good-quality and will last him from now through high school. So, about 15 years. Here’s a set I looked at when I went to Ashley Furniture yesterday:




We would be getting the bed, chest and nightstand. There’s a similar set at JC Penney, but I haven’t been able to see that one in person.

For bedding, there are a few different sets I’m looking at right now. I don’t want any character comforters or quilts. Sheets are fine because they’re ultimately hidden (if he makes his bed!)

This is the Junior Varsity bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. I love the classic colors that will work for anything.

This is the Woolrich Bear Bedding from Target. This is so cute in person and very good quality. You could do a whole outdoors/camping theme around this one.

And this is the Dr. Seuss Quilted bedding from Pottery Barn Kids. Brady isn’t huge on Dr. Seuss, but I love the bright colors on the quilt itself.

So, these are our options so far. The room is already painted a light yellow/cream color that we’re going to keep. Right now I’m leaning towards the Junior Varsity bedding because some of his current room accessories would blend with that really well, but I’ll let Brady make the ultimate decision.

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

southerninspiration said...

I think your choice would be my favorite too, Serah! I know how much fun you will have doing this, but it's a little bittersweet, isn't it, to have him getting so big???

Suzanne

julie & joe said...

I love the Dr. Seuss from pottery barn.

Paula@SweetPea said...

I like the Junior Varsity bedding from Pottery Barn the best.

I'm wondering if you might be able to find furniture like what you've pictured in a used furniture shop. The picture really reminds me of stuff that was out in the 90's. Do you remember the stores in the mall that carrried it? Was it "This end up?" Anyway, you might be able to save some money by looking for something used. Just a thought.

Shannon said...

Thanks for the heads up about cute nests at Hob Lob! I went but they didn't have all their Easter stuff out yet...they were just getting started so I will check back this week. :)