Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympic Gold and Weekend Plans

Thanks for the sweet comments about my blog. It’s nice to know I have a few faithful readers out there! I’ve decided to do my best to keep it up. It might not be updated every day, but I don’t update it every day now. I do love to tell everyone about our life and all my random thoughts.

We stayed up way too late watching the Olympics last night. We started out watching Michael Phelps and then saw the vault event for the women’s gymnastics. I just love Phelps. Besides being an amazing athlete, you can see how much he loves his momma! I read that she was a single mom (they divorced when the kids were young) and still managed to get her kids to everything and be there for him in all of his swimming events. It’s a really inspiring story and you can see how much he appreciates her.

We taped the gymnastics and I’ll watch it tonight, even though I know who won. I love Shawn Johnson, but Nastia Liukin really deserved it. They’re both incredible gymnasts, but Nastia has such elegance and amazing lines.



We’ve got a busy weekend ahead. Tonight we’re painting our kitchen cabinets. Tomorrow we have Vivian’s birthday party and date night tomorrow night. Sunday we have to teach Sunday School, then head to a baby dedication in Spartanburg. Sunday afternoon we’ll do some yard work and finish up the cabinets. I really wish I had the money to get new curtains for the kitchen, but that will have to wait a few weeks.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Have a great weekend! I love your new blog layout.