Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekend Recap and a Major Concert Event!

Happy Tuesday!

Boy, did our weekend start off with a bang. When I picked Brady up on Friday evening, I was informed that his daycare was closing – in two weeks! There wasn’t anything I could over the weekend, so I did my best to put it in God’s hands and not worry about it (too much!). I spent all morning yesterday on the phone and was fortunate enough to find him a spot at a local church where my friend’s son attends. He’ll start the Monday after we get back from vacation. So I’m breathing a bit easier today.

DH was in Memphis for his “guy’s weekend,” so Brady and I were on our own. We spent Friday evening at Frances’ house and then Mike and Ashley had a cookout on Saturday evening, so we had plenty to keep us occupied. I even slept well! Normally I hate being at home overnight without DH, but I just had the greatest peace and got a good night’s rest every night. But I was very happy for DH to get home yesterday!

Did you all hear about this concert event yet?



If you grew up listening to contemporary Christian music in the last 20 years, you know these names well. Just think about all the classics you’ll hear during this show! They’re coming to Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium on October 18th and don’t you know I’ll be there! I feel like I should be singing “Friends are Friends Forever………….”

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I wish I could be there!! I love them!

duchess said...

Maybe I'll have to check it out since I will be there by then (hopefully).
Hubby's office is right around the corner from that convention center - he could probably hear it if a door was cracked.