Happy Monday!
Good morning! I have to tell you, I’m exhausted! We ran and ran and ran all weekend long. Here’s the recap:
Friday – Brady’s daycare was closed, so he and I got to spend some “Mommy/Brady time” together. We ran a few errands and then headed to the zoo. School was out on Friday, so apparently everyone in the county decided to go to the zoo that morning. I hadn’t seen lines like that since Boo at the Zoo! We took our time looking at everything and Brady got an ice cream sandwich for an early lunch, just the first of a weekend full of less-than-stellar meal choices! After his nap we headed back out to the grocery store and then home so I could get ready for the Casting Crowns concert. DH got home a little after 5pm and we traded off. The concert was really good. There were two opening bands, John Waller and Leeland. Then Casting Crowns took the stage! Their show was awesome. They sang my favorite, “I’ll Praise You in This Storm,” and lots of others. It was over at 10:30pm and I was in bed a little before midnight.
Saturday – The big Easter Egg Hunt! We had to be at church at 9am to get everything set up. Of course, by the time everything started at 10am, Brady was pretty much over the whole experience. I did most of his craft for him and while he did enjoy the cupcakes, he just wasn’t into the story part. But boy, was he ready to hunt some eggs! We had about 23 kids, so they all went home with more eggs than anyone really needs. The weather was beautiful, everything went smoothly and I believe everyone had a really good time. That afternoon I went back out to finish the shopping for Easter dinner. After stops at Walmart, Lowes, Whole Foods and Bloom, I was completely over shopping. Done! Then I spent most of the evening cooking and baking. By 10:30pm, I was so tired I couldn’t even think straight.
Sunday – He has Risen! The alarm went off way too early. We had an 8am Sunrise Breakfast, so we had to get up and get through Easter baskets and get everyone ready a lot earlier than usual. The breakfast was really nice, even though the majority of people who made it were in the over 60 age group. We just might skip this next year! Then we taught Sunday School and headed up to the worship service. Dr. Nelson was really fired up and the service was really amazing. There was so much joy over what was done for us so many years ago. I’m glad I was able to take a little time to really stop and reflect on that in the midst of everything going on yesterday. We got home and my family arrived just a few minutes later. I just felt really stressed from that moment on trying to get things done and get dinner ready. But it all turned out well and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. They always say that they do, but I’m never really sure.
After the headed home, we all just laid around. A little before 7pm Brady actually asked to take his bath and go to bed. We were in bed ourselves at 9pm.
So it was a really great, busy weekend. I hope next year that the egg hunt doesn’t fall the day before Easter and I’ve also vowed not to go so overboard on the meal and everything. I feel like all I did was cook and clean and get ready for a 5 hour visit. That’s not what it’s all about. Easter is about so much more than eggs and candy and ham. Next year I need to remember that more.
I hope you all had a good weekend, too! Hopefully I’ll get some pictures up later this week from our festivities.
1 comment:
You need a day off after that weekend. I'm not sure how you were able to pull off serving a big meal with all of your other activities. You are creating memories for Brady, that's the important thing.
Post a Comment