Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Get Behind Me, Easter Candy!

I don’t know about ya’ll, but we have been overtaken by candy at our house. Malted milk eggs, jelly beans, Peeps, Smarties, a whole 3 Musketeers bar (another story for another day), Reeses Peanut Butter eggs, mini Milky Ways, Hershey Kisses with caramel inside. You name it, we probably have it. I actually had to throw away leftover candy from Valentine’s Day to make room for the Easter candy. And don’t think that we bought all of this ourselves. It’s been supplied through various sources – well-meaning great-grandparents, daycare, Awanas, Sunday School, nursery workers, the homeless man on the corner (just checking to see if you were paying attention!) and egg hunts.

My family came up on Sunday and I sent a bunch of it home with my 12 year old sister. She has the figure of Nicole Kidman, so she can eat all of this and never gain an ounce. Part of it went to work with DH. A package of Peeps came to work with me. Do you know disturbing it is to open your desk drawer and there are two rows of little yellow marshmallow chicks peering up at you?

All of this candy isn’t helping my diet/fitness plan at all. So Get Behind Me, Easter Candy! I’m sending you to the trash can! You’re not ruining my summer!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh, I know it! I just shoved another handful of Starburst jelly beans down my throat. Must.exercise.soon.