Tuesday nights are my Bible study night and yesterday I really wasn’t feeling like going. I was so tired and worn out and wanted nothing more than to go home and jump in my pj’s. By the end of the work day, I was feeling a little better so I went on and boy, am I glad I did! I got the biggest blessing out of last night’s session.
The past week’s homework (we’re doing Beth Moore’s “A Woman’s Heart” study) focused a lot on prayer and that’s what we discussed last night. Now I’ve always prayed. I pray in the morning and I pray in the evening and throughout the day, but lately I’ve felt like I just mostly repeat the same things over and over again. I’ve got my list of things to pray for – my family, my church, my friends, our health, our jobs, our future, Brady’s future, my MOPS moms, etc.- and I just get into saying the same things. Does anyone else have this problem? I thank God for all of the regular things, but again, I feel like I’m just going through my list.
So our leader, Joyce, told us a little bit about her own personal prayer time and she has this thing she does in the mornings. She praises God through the alphabet. A-Z, she praises God for something beginning with that letter. A – He’s almighty and amazing, B- He’s beautiful and he blesses us, C- He’s compassionate and caring, and so on. I tried it this morning and it was amazing. You can also use the letters of your child’s name or something like that. It just really helps you to focus on how great and wonderful God is.
We also talked about how God really wants to talk to us, just like how we’d have a conversation with a friend. A friend wouldn’t want us to repeat the same thing every time we talked! So I’m going to try to institute some of that into my prayer time, as well. I really feel like this is going to be a big step in my relationship with God.
I’m so glad I went last night! Happy Wednesday!
2 comments:
Very inspiring post. Thanks for sharing! :)
This is such a beautiful way
to start each morning. Thank you
so much for sharing. Your blog
is just beautiful!
Post a Comment