Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday

I’m telling you, the days are flying by so quickly. We had a moderately busy weekend ( I know, it’s Wednesday and I’m just now posting about the weekend). Saturday morning DH took Brady for his pre-Christmas haircut while I hit Walmart for our big grocery trip. Both were huge successes despite the traffic and miserable weather. DH headed off to work and I started on the baking, as Saturday was my Big Baking Extravaganza. We did have to make a few changes to my baking list. The peppermint bark got scratched because I could only find gourmet white chocolate and I wasn’t quite up to spending $15 for 2 pounds. Call me cheap, but that’s what I was that day. And my gingersnaps would not rise for anything. I tried to make some iced ginger cookies earlier in the fall and had the same problem. Everything’s been replaced, including the ginger and I even had a new cookie sheet this time, so I have no idea what the problem might have been.

So we had cranberry-orange bread, orange blossoms (little bites of heaven!) and sugar cookies. Brady had a lot of fun with the sugar cookies and I did, too, once I quit trying to micro-manage the process. I have some cute pictures of Brady covered in flour that I hope to get posted soon.

Brady’s had a cough this week, so we had to skip the living nativity Monday evening. It was a shame because he was really excited about it. He kept naming off all the animals he’d see, even though I don’t remember an elephant or a turtle coming to visit the Baby Jesus.

So that’s where we are with less than a week to go. Is your shopping finished?

Today’s Gratitude

I’m thankful for my son! Sweet Brady has changed our lives so much. Granted, I’m still not the most patient person in the world and I do lose my temper more times than I should, but he has completely changed me. At one time, someone suggested I probably shouldn’t even have kids, that I wasn’t cut out for it. I’m so glad they were wrong. He’s just the greatest thing. His smile just lights up the room and he’s always so happy to see us if we’ve been gone. My favorite times with him are on weekend mornings when we don’t have to go anywhere early and we can snuggle on the sofa and watch cartoons. He’s so cute in his jammies and he’ll curl up right by you with his milk. I can’t wait to see how we both grow up together.

No comments: