Friday, December 14, 2007

Big Holiday Baking Extravaganza

So I said yesterday that I’m doing my Big Holiday Baking Extravaganza this Saturday. Every year I pick one day where I know DH will be home to keep Brady occupied and that’s when I do all of my baking for family and friends.

Here’s my list for this year:
Cranberry Orange Bread
Gingersnaps
Sugar Cookies
Orange Blossoms
Peppermint Bark

This is my first year doing the Peppermint Bark, so I’m excited to see how those turn out. Brady will get to help me decorate the sugar cookies, so I know he’s going to have a ball with those. Hopefully he won’t take a bite out of each one like he did when we iced cupcakes recently.

I always send a big plate of goodies to DH’s work and to mine. I’ll also send a plate to our Sunday School class Sunday morning and mail a few boxes off to friends. This year I’m also planning on taking some goodies up to our local fire station. They always go up to Brady’s school for Fire Safety Day and are so good to the kids, besides doing their job of fighting fires in general. Brady will get a kick out of going up there, too.

Day 2 of Gratitude
I’m thankful for my husband. We’ve been together almost nine years and definitely had our share of ups and downs. I’m sure many people had bets going for a while on if we’d even stay together. But after 9 years I can’t imagine life without him. He can make me laugh until tears run down my face. He can also make me so mad I could just beat him with a rolling pin. But in the end it’s all good. He’s gone beyond anything I could ever have dreamed of as a father to my child, especially considering he didn’t have one of his own to look up to. He can finish my sentences and I can finish his. He may drive me crazy somedays, but he’s mine. I love you, honey!

No comments: