Thursday, December 13, 2007

Less Than Two Weeks!

We’ve got less than two weeks until Christmas! I was talking to someone the other day and we were saying how when you were a child, Christmas seemed to take forever to arrive. Now that we’re adults, it comes too fast! There never seems to be enough time to get everything done. And you try so desperately to slow down and really enjoy everything.

Things still on my list to do:
- Get gift certificate for Brady’s Sunday School teachers
- Finish my family’s gifts
- Finish Christmas cards (buy more stamps)
- Mail packages to out-of-town people
- Get stuff for Lennon’s stocking
- Holiday baking (I’ll talk about that tomorrow)

I’m sure there are other things I’m forgetting, too. Most of the things on that list will be done by this weekend, so that’s good.


I read a blog the other day where the girl was doing “30 Days of Gratitude.” I’m a little late to do 30 days, but I can start today and go to the end of the month. I guess that would make it “19 Days of Gratitude.”

Day 1
I’m thankful for my God. He loves us when we are most unlovable, when most people would throw up their hands and walk away. He’s there with us when the storm is so bad and the night is so dark. He’s always there to lead us through to the morning. The gift He gave us by sending His Son on that Christmas morning to save the world is beyond comprehension. We’re so undeserving of that gift, but He gave it anyway. Without Him we would be nothing.

And that’s what I’m thankful for this first day.

No comments: