Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year

Good morning! Okay, I really have to get better about this blog thing. Seriously.

We’ve been super busy with all the activities and events that surround the holidays. Friday night DH went to an Xbox 360 party that our friend Mike was having. He had about 16 guys (yes, adults!) there! Three of the wives came over to our house for the evening with their kids. The kids watched tv and played and we got to sit around and chat and drink hot cocoa. It was a late night, but lots of fun.

Saturday morning we had our Sunday School Christmas brunch at Stax Omega. They opted to do a brunch this year because it was getting too hard to get everyone together for an evening event. We had such a good time visiting with everyone. So often when we see each other on Sunday morning or Wednesday night, everyone is rushing to drop people off or get somewhere. It was so nice to just sit. It was also couples only, so we got a babysitter and were able to almost finish our Christmas shopping afterwards.

Saturday night was our monthly “Date Night.” We have a babysitting swap with two other couples. It’s been such a blessing because we get a regular date night and no one has to pay for a babysitter. I did feel bad leaving Brady again, but I figured one day wouldn’t hurt him. Plus, they were taking the kids to Hollywild to see the holiday lights and feed the reindeer. He had a great time. We went to Chili’s and then to see “Enchanted.”


I LOVED THAT MOVIE. Yes, I know it’s a Disney film and such a chick flick, but I absolutely loved it. My face hurt by the end from smiling the entire time. Even DH found it funny.

Sunday was Sunday School and church and then DH had to work. Brady and I was so tired, we spent the rest of the day at home. He took a 3 and a half hour nap, which is unheard of for him. He obviously needed the rest, though. I could have used a nap, too!

So that was our busy weekend. I’m looking forward to a few quiet evenings this week before things pick up again. But I do love being busy and having things to do. Plus spending time with family and friends this time of year really makes the season, don’t you think? But don’t forget the true reason for the season – Jesus!

No comments: