It was the longest weekend ever. Here's a recap:
Wednesday night - Brady and I both had a fever and were feeling very yucky.
Thursday (Thanksgiving) - I go to the Urgent Care Center at 8am for my neck. They just say it's a bug and to take ibuprofen. By the time I get home, Brady's neck is so swollen he can hardly turn his head. So I take him to the emergency room. He had some infection (apparently the same thing I had), so they give him antibiotics.
Friday - Brady starts feeling better in the afternoon and we run a few errands to get us out of the house.
Saturday and Sunday - Brady feels fine. The antibiotics make him hyper,
so he is literally running circles around the house. My neck is still
swollen and sore, but not as bad.
Sunday night - Brady is still so hyper from his medicine that he doesn't go to bed until 10pm, only to wake up at 3:30am demanding to watch tv, which I let him do only because I'm utterly exhausted. I finally got him back to bed at 5:30am. The alarm goes off at 6:20am.
I have an appointment with my doctor this week. For some reason they didn't give me antibiotics, so my thing is still hanging on.
And did I mention that Lennon had to work every night at GardenRidge? I finally called him Saturday night in hysterics because I felt awful and Brady had been a complete handful and I was about to go jump off a bridge somewhere.
So, that was my weekend. Gone were my dreams of making a special breakfast for us to eat Thursday morning while watching the Thanksgiving Day parade and making turkeys out of construction paper. Gone was a trip to the mall for shopping with 10,000 of my closest friends on Friday morning. Gone was the trip to my parents (which is a whole different story) on Saturday to let them have some Brady Time. And gone was any hope of getting to sleep in once during my four-day weekend.
But I am very thankful for my health insurance. Here's looking to next year!
3 comments:
Bless your heart, what a weekend! I hope the dr will give you some meds and that you're back to normal very soon.
Verdğiniz bilgilerden dolayı çok teşekkür ederim.
Trabzon / Turkey
Okul zili
zil programı
okulu zil programı
Oh Serah, I am just seeing this. I am so sorry y'all were sick. I hope y'all are better
Post a Comment