Tuesday, November 13, 2007

100 Things About Me

I'm a little late doing it, but here it is! Enjoy!

Yes folks, this is a list of 100 things about me.

1. I have a wonderful, funny husband
2. I have one adorable, hilarious toddler-aged son
3. My favorite ice cream is key lime pie at Brusters, but the Red Velvet Cake ice cream from Publix is a close second.
4. My favorite color is pink
5. I hate getting up early6
. Growing up I wanted to be a fashion designer
7. I’m currently a Project Accountant for an environmental engineering firm
8. I’m going back to school in January to finish my degree in Business – Human Resources Management
9. My ultimate dream is to open a bakery
10. My first car was a Mazda MX6
11. My dream car is a VW Jetta wagon (I don’t ask for much!)
12. I do not play sports
13. My favorite foods are key lime pie, shrimp and my mom’s chicken & dumplings
14. I can't drive a standard car, even though several people have tried to teach me.
15. I tried smoking for 3 months, but quit because it caused my skin to break out
16. My best friend and I have the same birthday
17. I'm afraid of snakes and spiders
18. I've traveled to New York City, Boston, San Antonio and Orlando
19. I really, really want to go to France
20. I teach 2 and 3 year olds in Sunday School
21. I believe the most useful skill I learned in high school was typing
22. I hate math.
23. I can't go to bed without washing my face.
24. When I was little, I was mistaken for a boy while shopping in a store, even though I was wearing a shirt that said I AM A GIRL.
25. I have never broken any bones.
26. My first “real” job was at Methodist Healthcare in Memphis, TN.
27. My boss hired me at Methodist as a secretary even though I didn’t even know how to use the fax machine.
28. He was my favorite boss and I’ll always be grateful to him for taking a chance on me.
29. White shoes are a pet peeve of mine
30. I hate driving at night because I’m afraid something will jump out, like a deer or a possum.
31. I have hit a possum.
32. I like reading celebrity gossip
33. I love to cook and entertain for people.
34. I always wear my seatbelt.
35. I can't stand clutter and am constantly picking things up, even if I don’t live there.
36. I consider myself a type A personality.
37. I am extremely gullible
38. I sleep on my side, curled up into a ball
39. Poor customer service and rude people irritate me.
40. I love fashion and try to stock my closet with classic pieces that won't go out of style.
41. I also love jewelry, especially chunky necklaces and anything silver
42. I'm a Democrat
43. I was on student council my senior year, even though I did no campaigning because I was out sick with strep throat
44. I was in one beauty pageant. I didn’t win
45. I've had brown hair, red hair and blond hair.
46. My favorite music is bluegrass/country
47. I cannot play any instruments
48. I took 3 years of French
49. I was on MTV once.
50. I also want to go to Austin, Texas
51. My dream neighbors would be Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Garner
52. My idea of relaxation is sleeping in
53. I love all holidays, but especially Thanksgiving and Christmas
54. My Christmas colors are gold and crystal with splashes of red
55. I am a magazine junkie.
56. I would love to take a cooking class at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris
57. I don't like to be touched on my neck.
58. I can be a restaurant snob.
59. Hotel comforters make my skin crawl.
60. I really do like Paula Deen
61. My idea of a rainy Sunday is watching Food Network in my pj's baking cookies and drinking hot cocoa with my family.
62. I'm addicted to chap stick.
63. I'm have curly hair, but wear it straight quite often.
64. I have a Mountain Dew every morning.
65. I can't stand soap operas.
66. I’m a member of MOPS of Greenville (Mother’s of Preschoolers)
67. My goal is to bake my own pie crusts this year
68. My favorite vegetables are home grown tomatoes.
69. I am a backseat driver.
70. I hate my husband’s driving
71. I love all things monogrammed.
72. I worked at O’Charley’s and Cracker Barrel restaurants in high school
73. I get a lot of my decorating ideas from the Pottery Barn catalog.
74. I want to be P.T.A. president one day.
75. I enjoy a summer thunderstorm as long as there aren’t any tornados
76. I enjoy making people laugh.
77. My favorite flowers are daffodils and tulips
78. I would rather send a letter than email.
79. I am addicted to stationery.
80. My husband and I have been married for almost 7 years
81. I was horrible at swaddling Brady when he was a baby. My husband could do it like the nurses at the hospital. Go figure.
82. I love Dancing with the Stars, Grey’s Anatomy and The Office
83. I got my driver’s license when I was 15
84. I’ve hit two cars in my lifetime and neither was moving.
85. I lived in Memphis for 10 years
86. I’ve never been to Graceland.
87. I’ve never seen Elvis.
88. I am intimidated by cooking a turkey.
89. The best concert I've ever been to was a Dave Matthews concert.
90. Brunch is my favorite meal.
91. I am a Baptist
92. My son is a great sleeper and very happy
93. I hope that one day my son's wife will like me.
94. I detest hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup.
95. My favorite movies are Meet Me In St. Louis, Sweet Home Alabama and Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightly version)
96. I was a peer counselor in high school.
97. I hate vodka
98. I love sweet tea
99. I try to drink 8 glasses of water everyday, but I don’t always succeed.
100. I hope you’re still reading at this point.
101. I can't believe I came up with 100 things about myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED reading this, Serah! Sounds like we have many things in common. Thanks for posting :-)

Paula@SweetPea said...

Fun! I discovered some new things about you!