Thursday, October 18, 2007

A short giraffe

Remember my great idea to have Brady dress up as Elvis for Halloween? Then that idea didn’t really work out, so I decided on a cowboy? The search for Brady’s Halloween costume quickly rivaled the search for Three Bean Salad a few months ago.

I couldn’t find any cowboy costumes I liked (have I mentioned before that I am rather particular?), so I kept looking and eventually found a Peter Pan costume from Disney.com that was really cute. Well, Lennon hated it. I picked 3 or 4 other costumes, including an astronaut, a bee and a lion, for Lennon to pick from. He picked the lion. I went to order it online the next day and wouldn’t you know, it was totally sold out.

Now I was getting desperate. I was about to make the child a pirate for the second year in a row when I found an adorable giraffe costume. Everyone liked it and it was actually available in his size. I ordered it and it was even cuter in person. The problem? Brady wanted nothing to do with it! Over the past week we’ve been trying to get him to wear the costume every night. The first night he just put it on his head. The second night he would put his head and his arms in it. By last night he was actually wearing it for short periods of time. My hope and prayer is that he’ll at least wear it for Boo at the Zoo Friday night and trunk or treat at church. This has been quite the ordeal!



This, of course, isn't Brady. I just wanted to post a picture of the costume so you could get an idea. I'll post pictures of Brady wearing the costume (hopefully!) at Boo at the Zoo sometime next week.

I’ll be so happy for next year when he’ll pick out his own. That will free up some of my time to worry about other things, like the news we got this morning from the dentist that Brady has an overbite and will eventually need braces. Don’t you think they could have waited until he was 4 or 5 to give us that news????