Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Search for The One

I took a late lunch and got my hair cut yesterday afternoon. Now if you know me very well, you know that I’m quite particular about my hair. I’ve had it numerous colors and finding a talented, trustworthy hair stylist is a big deal to me. We’ve lived here for over 3 years and after going through 3 different people, I think I’ve finally found “The One.” It was love at first scalp massage.

The first girl I went to was recommended to me by someone I worked with. The first time she colored my hair it came out this awful brassy, dingy color. I went back the next day and had her fix it, but that only halfway worked. Thankfully she announced she was moving, so I didn’t have to worry about breaking off the relationship.

The second girl I went to worked off of downtown. She was great, but the problem with her was she was very established and therefore, worked rather weird hours. She had a good clientle built up, so she knew they would do whatever they had to do to get see her. She only worked weekdays; no Saturdays or evenings. Since I work 8am-5pm like most people, it was a hassle to take off work half a day to get my hair done. So I classify this as “irreconcilable differences.”

The third girl was just rude. She did an okay job and it was easy to get an appointment, but Chickadee had a huge attitude problem. We just weren’t compatible.

Let me add here that all three of these people were recommended to me by people I worked with.

Then I found Leslee. I was at my wit’s end and just called up a salon that was about 5 minutes from my work, explained I didn’t have anyone’s name, so could they recommend someone? That landed me in Leslee’s chair and I’ve been happy ever since. It’s an Aveda salon/spa and the atmosphere is wonderful. So relaxing. She gives you a scalp massage when she washes your hair. Trust me, I could go see her everyday just for that. It’s so relaxing, I could forget my name. And did I mention she does a great job? I swear, this is the best haircut I’ve ever had and the color is fantastic, too, especially since I took the big step and went darker.

Here’s hoping we live happily ever after!

3 comments:

sheila from life @ #17 said...

a good hair dresser (stylist :) is, literally, worth his or her weight in gold...congrats on finding one...

Beaufort Belle said...

WTG Serah...good stylists are hard to find. Everytime, I get used to mine, she does something to change my mind and I go back to someone else. So there...I have yo-yo hairstylists! :D

BTW, I am sure your updated "do" looks just precious on you.

Cathy said...

Glad you found "the one"