Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Monday!



Good morning! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

We had a lot going on, particularly Brady. He got to make his first trip here:


I really thought he would pick out the T-Rex, but he went with a black bear instead. I guess because I kept saying we were going to “Build a Bear,” he thought he should get bear. It’s sporting a soccer uniform and he named it Captain Jack.

He also had a birthday party Saturday afternoon at Monkey Joe’s. This was our first trip to MJ and I was utterly unimpressed. We’ve been to three parties at Pump It Up (including Brady’s this past year) and it’s so much nicer, mostly because you have the arena to yourself. At MJ’s, it’s open to the public at the same time. It was just out of control. The kids had fun and the party was nice, but I could definitely pass on a return trip.

My big score for the weekend was a Martha Stewart bedding set at Macy’s. We’ve been looking for a new bedding set since ours is about 8 years old and we went in Macy’s while we were at the mall on Saturday. They were having a big sale and while the bedding I originally wanted was out of stock, we found another set that works great. The killer? It was originally $500 for the set – comforter, bedskirt, regular shams, euro shams, sheet set, two decorative pillows and curtains. It was huge! The price was marked down to $99 and when I scanned it, it was marked down even more to $49. Plus I had a gift card, so total out-of-pocket? $0! I tried to find a picture online, but it’s not available. Anyway, our bedroom has been totally transformed and I love it!Have a wonderful weekend! Tomorrow I’ll have a review of the Golden Globes!

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Oooh! You have to show pics of the bed set! I just love martha!!! :) and email me and I'll send you the obama sticker file. Isn't it super cute? Lovin' the preppy colors!!!