Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Entertaining Journals and More

We're having a little Valentine's get-together with our close group of friends on Valentine's Day. I love planning parties, as you know, so I'm excited that everyone can make it. The menu will be:
- Lasagna
- Salad
- Bread
- Cupcakes (chocolate, red velvet and coconut)

I'm keeping it super simple. In the past I've made the mistake of making things so complicated that I don't even enjoy the event. No more! This is going to be fun! We're also doing a batch of chili for our two friends who can't eat dairy, gluten or anything else fun. Frances and Mike, I'm talking to you!

My friend, Jennifer, mentioned the other day that she keeps an entertaining journal. Just a little notebook where she writes down her parties and get-togethers, the menu, who came, etc. I love this idea and I'm starting one right now! Hobby Lobby has cute notebooks for $2, so I'm going to get one and get started. Enjoy the rainy, windy weather!

2 comments:

southerninspiration said...

that is a good idea, Serah. I bet it will prove beneficial, especially when you might need some inspiration.

Suzanne

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

No, no no! Dont' tell me that World Market is closing! No way! You just made my heart drop! :( I've got to get to the bottom of this and see if that's true.