Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm just a little black rain cloud


That little black rain cloud not only describes the weather we’re having, it describes how I’m feeling this morning. Tired, stressed out and generally irritable.

For starters, Brady has refused to go to bed the last three evenings. It will be after 10pm and he’s still running around, giggling. Nothing we do works. Last night I was so frustrated that I was in tears. He goes running to DH “Daddy, Mommy’s crying!” I wonder why????

Plus I’ve been working on our budget and it’s a little tighter these next two weeks than I thought and I’m having to cut back on some of the remaining Christmas presents we need to get. I’ve already cut back a lot, so this really sucks. Every year I think things will be different and I won’t face problems like this, then it happens again. Won’t it ever change?

I know I shouldn’t be so negative. Things could be a lot worse. A whole lot worse.

We’re doing Scripture cards for MOPS this year. Each meeting we get two new cards. I pulled this card out of my purse this morning:

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

So if you see someone walking around, muttering to themselves “be joyful always, give thanks in all circumstances,” it might just be me.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Love that bible verse. Same with me, every year I say "I'm going to save and save so I won't be strapped at Christmas time" -- and I never follow through. Maybe one day I will learn.

Jean said...

LOVE the verse! Thank you! I needed that tonight. Hope the sun starts shining SOON and in more ways than one. {{{Serah}}}

Rebecca said...

Hey there! Thank you for popping in to visit me. I've had you on my mind so much lately. I'm keeping you and your grandparents in my prayers. (((Serah)))