Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Friday!

Good morning and Happy Friday!

First off, I hope my post yesterday didn’t offend anyone. Most of the blogs I was talking about don’t try intentionally to make work-outside-the-home moms feel badly. It’s more the whole “Mommy Guilt” that creeps in. I’m so inspired and motivated by a lot of those blogs and I can’t wait to try out some of their recipes, organizational techniques and many other things!

To happier things, it’s Friday! We have a busy weekend ahead with lots of Christmas activities. Thankfully, tonight should be pretty quiet. We’ll just see if Brady goes to bed at a reasonable time tonight or stays up past 10pm like last night.

Tomorrow DH and Brady are going out early to do some Christmas shopping for me (or so they say!). I’ll do the grocery shopping while they’re gone, then we’ll meet up to finish the rest of our Christmas shopping together. I’d love for this to become a tradition for them – each year going out for breakfast, Christmas shopping and some special Daddy/Son bonding time. We’ll do some more baking in the afternoon (orange blossoms, my favorite!) and then tomorrow night we have company coming by for dinner. A dear friend of mine from high school, his wife and daughter are coming from Mississippi to visit some friends near Charlotte and we’re on the way. We’re all anxious to see each other and meet the new additions to our families.

Sunday we’ve got church and the preschool Christmas party during Sunday School. In the afternoon Frances and I are going to the Southern Living Holiday Show House (Melissa, remember when we went to the SL House in Collierville?). That night we have church and then we’re babysitting for the Deacon’s Dinner afterwards. Then it’s home and time to get ready for another busy week.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and gets everything done! Keep smiling!

1 comment:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Not everyone has the luxury of being a stay at home mom. I honestly don't know how you do it. When I read about how much you accomplish in the evenings, it makes me feel really lazy! It must be really hard to work all day and then go home to a second job. I am sure that the stay at home mommies don't want you to feel badly and I'm sure that they count their blessings every single day that they are able to be with their children. Remember that a lot of working mommies don't have time to blog so you don't read a lot of blogs from their point of view. You and Lennon are doing a great job with Brady and you are a super mommy!