Tuesday, December 2, 2008

After Thanksgiving

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend and didn’t eat too much turkey. Sorry I didn't get a post out yesterday. I had a lot to catch up on at work.

We had a great holiday. Thanksgiving itself was a beautiful day. My inlaws came over and I had my annual screaming fit where I kick everyone out of the kitchen. I’m sorry, but my kitchen is not big enough for people to be wandering around in when I’m trying to put THANKSGIVING DINNER ON THE TABLE. People, please! That night we headed up to Garden Ridge and got a few Christmas decorations. Mostly garland and a basketball ornament that Brady picked out for the tree. If he wasn’t so cute, there would be no way that basketball would be on my tree, but oh well!

Friday morning I was out at Target at 5:50am. I know, what was I thinking? Usually I go out around 8am or so to get the deals, but this year I had so much to do on Friday that shopping at 6am was the only option. People are crazy! But I did save $80 at Target and got everything I was looking for. Then I headed over to Old Navy where I got some jeans for Lennon. Then it was back home to pick up Brady and drive him down to my parents house, where he was going to spend the night. Three hours later (they live an hour away), I was back in town and made a few more stops before heading home to get ready for our Sunday School Christmas party that night. We all met up at a Japanese steakhouse, then to a friend’s house for dessert and gag gifts. Trust me, for a Sunday School Christmas party, we brought new meaning to “Dirty Santa!” My word. I’m just glad I didn’t get the pregnancy test as my gag gift to take home with me. J

After a restful night’s sleep, DH and I got up and made a trip to the grocery store before heading south to spend the day at my parent’s and collect Brady. I had images of Brady racing to the door when we arrived, but it was more like Brady racing away from the door and saying “go home, Mommy and Daddy, go home!” Apparently he was having a really good time and we were wrecking his fun. The day was long and draining and we were in the car, driving home by 7:30pm.

Sunday was yucky and cold and rainy, so we just went to church and stayed in the rest of the day. Well, I had to go back up at 4:30pm to decorate the kid’s Sunday School room for Christmas, but that was it.

So that was our holiday weekend. I hope everyone is getting in the festive spirit!
PS - "Christmas Shoes" just came on the radio. I have to change the channel! This song throws me into hysterics every time I hear it! Anyone else?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Girl, your post wears me out just reading it. But it sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving holiday and a highly successful shopping venture.

P.S. Christmas shoes, I have to change the station too. I refuse to listen to it. Can't take all the sadness.