Thursday, November 6, 2008

Birthday Preparations

What’s happening this sunny Thursday?

We’re busy with the final preparations for DH’s birthday party tomorrow night. We’re having about 10 of our friends over to celebrate. We’re really looking forward to a fun evening. Here’s the menu:

Chili with toppings
Chicken Vegetable Stew
Cornbread/Biscuits
Carrot Cake and Ice Cream

I’m thinking I need a dip of some sort. Maybe this Corn Dip I got from my friend, Shannon.


Corn Dip
· 2 cans of drained corn (I prefer the Niblets)
· 16 oz. sour cream
· 1 cup of mayo
· chopped green chilies
· jalepeno peppers (I chopped them in my mini chopper)
· Tony Chachere seasoning (or some other Cajun seasoning blend)
· Fajita seasoning
· Shredded Mexican Cheese to taste and consistency you like...a large handful or two.
Mix it all up! Add seasoning to taste.
The dip is usually better if you make it in advance, at least a few hours or so.
Serve with Frito's.

We're going to have everyone bring games. It's going to be such fun evening. We have the best friends and we're so looking forward to spending the evening with them.

1 comment:

Designs on 47th Street said...

Sounds like a great menu. Yum! What is Chicken Veggie Stew? Sounds yummy. Hope your dh has a great birthday. You are so sweet to throw him this great bd party. :)