Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Saving Pennies


During these days of economic turmoil and gas shortages, it really makes you aware of what you spend. I’ve always tried to use coupons when possible and if I saw a good sale, I’d try to jump on it, but that was the thing – I would try. I wouldn’t always succeed.

Thanks to some friends who have really done their research and some great websites like Money Saving Mom. I’m with it now! Now I look forward to grocery shopping week to see what deals the stores are running and how much money I can save between coupons and rebates and BOGOs (But One, Get One Free sales). It’s almost a game, but with a nice outcome in my checking account. Last week I save $40!

We’ve started to cut back in other ways. I used to get lunch almost everyday or at least drive somewhere during lunch just to get out of the office. Now I rarely do that. I bring my lunch and stay in, which saves a lot of gas. We just cut back our Directv and our Netflix. Small changes, but they add up over time.

What are you doing during these tough times? Have you made any changes or none at all?

2 comments:

Lulu said...

I also have discovered Money Saving Mom. Likewise, my hubby and I think before we just hop in the car and go somewhere now. I drive a tahoe..not exactly gas friendly. Anyway, love your blog. I have gone private, but if you would like an invite send me your info in an email to lcgpreppy@gmail.com

Hollie said...

I play The Grocery Game and have saved sooo much money! I highly recommend it. My sis and I do it together.
If you want more info, go to the Labels on my blog to the "Sunday Savings". There's about six or so post that tell about my savings and how it works.
It's a great system!
Good luck on your savings! Everyone needs help saving with today's economy! ughh!