
UPDATED - I found some! Walmart had some red, shimmery Mary Jane-style shoes for $9.00. The thing I don't like is that they're flat. Oh well. Now I need to decide whether to add some glitter to make them extra special. And a bow, of course.
Y’all, I’m in need of some ruby slippers. I was originally going to be Tinkerbelle for Halloween because Brady is Peter Pan, but it’s impossible to find a Tinkerbelle costume that isn’t either for 5 year olds or for strippers. They’re not to be found. So after much searching, I’ve decided on Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Ironically, I hate the movie but the costume is cute and G-rated (well, the one I found is!), so it will have to work.
Target has their costumes 30% off this week, so I’m going to get mine there and now I just need the ruby slippers. I have a lead on some at WM, so I’ll be temporarily breaking my boycott to score some cheap sparkly shoes. Wish me luck!Oh, and the only reason I really need a costume is because we’re dressing up for MOPS, plus we have the church Trunk or Treat and some of the parents dress up. I thought it would be fun.
What are you going to be?
Target has their costumes 30% off this week, so I’m going to get mine there and now I just need the ruby slippers. I have a lead on some at WM, so I’ll be temporarily breaking my boycott to score some cheap sparkly shoes. Wish me luck!Oh, and the only reason I really need a costume is because we’re dressing up for MOPS, plus we have the church Trunk or Treat and some of the parents dress up. I thought it would be fun.
What are you going to be?
3 comments:
oh! I can help with this one!! I was Dorothy for my cotillion Halloween party. I got some cheap red heels from payless or somewhere and bought aerosol glue like from Michaels. Then I sprayed the glue and covered them with red glitter. Then I attached a little red bow to the top with glue. If you want it to be really authentic, you need little blue fold over socks and BLUE ribbons for your hair. I won the contest that year! Good luck!
Thanks for the tip! That may be what I end up doing. And you know, I just noticed in the picture I posted that she wore blue socks. Gotta add those to my list!
Thanks!
and we have to see a photo :)
Post a Comment