Thursday, September 4, 2008

Awanas and Candy Corn


Last night was our kick off meeting for Awanas at church. Brady was a Puggle last year and this year he moves up to the Cubbies. He loved Puggles and still remembers some of the things he learned. While I would love to say last night went so well, it did not. At least not for Brady. Apparently moving upstairs to a new room was more than an adjustment than I had realized. Or maybe he was just super tired. I don’t know. But he did not want anything to do with his new room, his new teachers, nothing. Thankfully it wasn’t a regular evening and all the parents stayed, so he calmed down a little bit and got busy playing with his friends. I was so shocked, though. He never throws fits like that at church. Oh well!

Awanas really is a great program for teaching kids about the love of God. DH helps with the Sparks (Kindergarten-2nd Grade) and I’m helping with the T&T Boys (3rd Grade – 5th Grade). This is my first year helping out, so I’m interested to see how it goes. The kids have books and learn verses each week. They have story time, craft time and all sorts of other things. They really enjoy it and the volunteers do, too!

I’m still finishing up my fall decorations. Whenever the camera gets fixed, I can post some pictures! That would make my blog much more interesting! I am getting ready to do this idea as soon as candy corn comes out in the stores. I have three glass hurricanes, one large and two small, on my mantle. I’m going to fill one with candy corn, one with candy corn pumpkins, and the large one I’m not sure about yet. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

you could you pumpkins, regular candy corn and then chocolate candy corn...(slightly different colors)