Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hand Motion Impaired


You know how when you were a kid and you’d learn songs at camp or church or school and they all had hand motions to go with them? You’d wiggle your fingers to represent the sea, raise them up to represent the sky, etc. And remember that kid who was always doing the wrong motion at the wrong time? Yeah, I was that kid. Apparently I’m that adult, too.

We’re learning a bunch of songs at VBS and I swear, I’m all over the place. I hope the kids aren’t following me too much!

I can hear it now “I’m sorry, you can’t help with VBS anymore because you can’t do the motions to the songs………………”

4 comments:

duchess said...

We were just down there this week. I should have sent my kids to VBS.

Hope you're having a great time.

Michelle said...

LOLOL...last week when I was the VBS worker I kept getting giggly in music because when we were doing the hand signals all I could think of was the hand motion club in Napolian Dynamite...oh yeah, I am so mature!

Lipstick said...

LOL...I am so that adult too! And to get the hand motions right I really have to focus on the leader-then I have to remind myself I am supposed to be watching the kids and, gasp, helping show them the motions.

Shannon said...

In my experience, that's the great thing about VBS...no matter your talent, experience, or patience..or lack thereof...EVERYONE can help with VBS. We just finished up last week ourselves and I, too had a chalenging group.