My mind is full to overloading these days. So full, in fact, that I have post-it notes on the dashboard of my car to remind me of things. Right now the note says – Brady’s spring pictures at school – Wednesday! Otherwise I will totally forget and send him in jeans that are very close to having a hole in the knee and his “Daddy’s Little Rebel” tee. It’s March and I really don’t want to have to buy a new pair of jeans this late in the season!
I remember just a few years ago, shortly after we moved here, we were never busy. Never. No plans, no social life. Our nights and weekends were all our own. Now I wonder what we did with all that free time! The calendar is always booked and I doubt it will let up much throughout the next 15 years or so.
Next week every night as something planned. Monday night I meet with my advisor at school. Tuesday night I’m meeting some girls from MOPS at Starbucks. Wednesday is the last night of my Bible study. Thursday is a MOPS steering team meeting. Friday night is the Casting Crowns concert. Saturday is the church Easter egg hunt. Sunday is Easter. There are eggs to stuff, laundry to wash, cupcakes to pick up, cooking for Sunday, finishing my last Bible study lesson, cleaning, sleeping and work to do (I do have a job, remember!). I love being busy and I love the new world that opened to us after we moved here and found our wonderful church and started getting involved. I will be looking forward to the next week, though, when I can get some rest!
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment