Thursday, March 13, 2008

On the road again

Today’s my Friday as we’re leaving very early tomorrow morning to go visit my grandparents for the weekend. We haven’t been up there in a year, so we’re way overdue for a visit. My father’s parents live in Eastern Kentucky and my mother’s mom lives across the river in Ohio. It’s a quick trip, up tomorrow and home Sunday, but a trip nonetheless.

So tonight I need to do laundry and finish packing. Right now I have little piles around the house (snacks, toys for Brady, etc.). For such a short trip, it surely seems like I’m taking a lot of stuff! I’m hoping that Brady will sleep well for the first part of the ride. Then he’ll have the portable dvd player to keep him occupied.

I love going to visit my grandparents. There are so many good memories of going up there when I was little and I want Brady to get as many of those memories as possible. He’s very fortunate to have great-grandparents that are still living. He always has such a good time and gets spoiled absolutely rotten when we go visit.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is so great that your grandparents are still around. I miss mine everyday and wish that could have met my daughter. Have fun!

Jenny said...

Have a great trip and I love your blog layout!

Jenny

Paula@SweetPea said...

Hope that you had a great trip. You are lucky that Brady has great-grandparents to visit!