On the heels of my girl scout cookie post, spring is around the corner and I have some toning up to do. I haven’t done anything remotely physical lately, save that one evening I pulled out the pilates dvd. I do best with the structure of going to the gym, but right now I just don’t have the time to devote to it. Between DH’s work schedule and activities we have on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, I would have to cram all of my exercising into the weekend and I don’t think that’s the best way of doing it. So a gym membership would likely be a waste of money.
The way I lost all of my baby weight was walking. Brady and I would sometimes go on two walks a day during the four months after his birth. I love to walk, but again I’m running into the same problem with scheduling. The few nights I could do it after dinner, it’s dark. At least that problem is quickly going away with the days getting longer.
So I was whining about all of this to my co-worker and his suggestion was to walk during lunch in the Garden Ridge parking lot. It’s right by my work and not a lot of traffic but not totally abandoned either. Even if I did get a little sweaty, I could just freshen up in the restroom. So………….I’m going to give it a try. It would be an ideal way to get my exercise in and still be able to do all of the other things on my agenda. Plus, I could still get up early and do my pilates dvd or my hand weights. It would also keep me from going out to eat for lunch! Get in shape + save money = happy!
The weather is supposed to be nicer next week, so I’m going to start on Monday. I really hope this works, because I’d love to be in killer shape this spring and summer for once. Wish me luck!
2 comments:
Good luck! I was doing well until I got a cold, so I have to get back into it too. No outdoor walking here though, we just got more snow!
Sounds like a good plan to me. It is very hard to fit in a gym visit with everything else that you have to do. Sometimes when I stop to think how much an individual visit to the gym costs, it gives me a little scare!
Doing a dvd at home is a good option. I tape Martha everyday and go through a little 30 min. routine every morning. I do abs and legs exercises with weights on my ankles. I've done this for about 15 years. Wow! I feel like it energizes me for the day, wakes me up, and really gets my metabolism going. Plus I get to watch Martha while I'm doing it.
My sil does 30 min. on her treadmill every morning. She watches movies and only allows herself to watch the movie when she exercises. Do you have a treadmill?
Post a Comment