Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Easter Menu

Easter Menus

Did ya’ll realize that Easter is less than 4 weeks away? As of right now, my family is coming up for dinner and to spend the afternoon (first time ever!) and I’m working on our menu. Of course, we have ham. That’s the one constant. I like to play around with different side dishes and here’s what I have right now:

Citrus Glazed Ham
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Green Peas
Salad
Deviled Eggs
Rolls
Carrot Cake
Sweet Tea (is there any other kind?)
Lemonade

I’m really looking forward to my family coming. Now I need to figure out the centerpiece. Our dining room table isn’t big enough for everyone, so I’m getting a banquet table from DH’s work and moving our table into the spare room. I think with a big, flowy tablecloth it will work out just fine. Hopefully we’ll have our new furniture in time for the next big family gathering.

Here’s the Citrus Glazed Ham recipe. I’ve made it the past few Easters for us and we love it.

Citrus-Glazed Ham


Prep: 10 min.; Bake: 2 hrs., 30 min.; Stand: 15 min.


1 (6- to 7-lb.) fully cooked, bone-in ham
30 to 32 whole cloves
1 (10-oz.) bottle orange juice-flavored soft drink
1 1/4 cups orange marmalade
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
Garnishes: apple slices, orange slices, orange rind, salad greens

1. Remove skin from ham, and trim fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make 1/4-inch-deep cuts in a diamond pattern, and insert cloves at 1-inch intervals. Place ham in an aluminum foil-lined 13- x 9-inch pan.
2. Stir together soft drink and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over ham.
3. Bake at 350° on lower oven rack 2 hours and 30 minutes, basting with pan juices every 20 minutes. Remove ham; let stand 15 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Orangina Sparkling Citrus Beverage.

Yield: Makes 12 to 14 servings

No comments: