Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Ugh

Last night I finally realized why my mom never went to bed when she was sick – it wouldn’t have done one bit of good.

I’ve been fighting a cold for the past couple of days and yesterday it finally hit me. So I planned to go home and have dinner and then take some Tylenol Cold Nighttime medicine and go to bed around 8:30pm. It was a lovely plan. Too bad things didn’t work out that way.

Oh, I made it to bed by 8:30pm. Then Brady decided he wanted to sleep with me. That was fine until he started poking me in the face just to see what would happen. After a while of that, I sent him back to his bed. Then I heard the jumping. Then I heard Lennon come down the hallway and have a “deep conversation” with him about going to sleep. Then the little footsteps came into my room and he was back in my bed. More poking and pushing himself up on the pillow until his head hit the headboard. Back to his bed. More jumping and more “intense fellowship” with Daddy. Back in my bed. Do you see the trend? Let’s just say it was 10pm and I had gotten maybe 15 minutes of peaceful sleep.

Next time I’ll just prop myself up in the living room. Maybe they’ll ignore me if I do that.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

(((Mommy Hugs))) I hope you are feeling better.