Happy Monday! We had a fantastic weekend. It was busy, but fantastic. The biggest event was Brady’s first trip to the movie theater!
We, and apparently most of the preschool population of Greenville, saw the new Veggies Tales movie, “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything.” Now I have a long history with the adorable little vegetables who sing and dance and put forth a good message at the same time. They came out when I was just leaving the era of children’s shows, but I still remember the hilarity of “Oh, Where Is My Hairbrush!.” So when I had a child of my own, I was very excited to introduce him to Bob the Tomato and Larry the Cucumber.
We arrived at the theater and got our tickets and headed to our seats (seeing as we had goldfish, mini M&M’s and gummi bears stashed in my purse, thus saving $25 on snacks). Brady was very excited and thought it was incredibly neat that they gave him a booster seat. He hauled the thing all the way up to the last few rows only to decide he wanted to sit in the seat without it. We got him up there and his feet promptly met his nose. Poor little guy wasn’t heavy enough to keep the seat down. So then he agreed to the booster seat.
He snacked and watched the previews and then the big moment – VEGGIE TALES! He didn’t know what to think with all the veggies being huge on the big screen. He really did a great job paying attention and it wasn’t until the last 20 minutes that he started to get restless, popping up and down from his seat to the floor. Truth be told, all the kids were getting restless at that point. You could hear a notable increase in the noise level by the end of the movie. The snacks held out until the very end, too, which helped.
So overall our first trip to the movies was a huge success. And since Brady is free until he turns 3, we decided we need to take him to as many movies as possible between now and June!
2 comments:
Sounds like fun! I should take my nephew to see it.
Have a good Monday,
Cathy
What fun! Some of my fondest memories are first movies with my boys. :)
Post a Comment