Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great start to 2008. Our evening was quiet as I expected. We just aren’t the partiers we once were. Actually, we’ve never been big New Year’s Eve people.
I can honestly say that these last few days have been so relaxing and peaceful. For those of you who really know me, peaceful is not a word that enters my life often. I’m a little high-strung and rarely sit down. I’m always off to the next thing, working on my eternally long list of “to do’s.” It’s just my nature. But over this past long weekend I was able to sit and read and watch a little tv, play with Brady a lot, do some baking. All those things I want to do but never have the time. And I feel a huge sense of peace about this coming year. I can’t wait to see what happens and where we are at the start of 2009.
Speaking of tv, I Tivoed and watched a marathon of “Jon and Kate + Eight” yesterday. www.sixgosselins.com I’m really loving this show, although it isn’t filling me with the desire to have 8 kids. What I like so much is that they’re real people who really lose their temper and get tired and stressed out, but yet they love their kids so very much. And Kate and I stress out over all the same crazy things. What’s exciting is that they’re coming to speak to my MOPS group in April! I’ll get to meet them! I can’t wait!
While watching the marathon, I was introduced to Sara Snow, www.sarasnow.com, who has a show on Discovery Health called “Get Fresh with Sara Snow.” She’s young and hip and all about going green and healthy, organic eating. Since focusing on healthy eating and trying to help the environment a little is on my list for this year, I’m really excited to find out about her show. She has a great website, too.
I know this entry is a little all over the place, but I really am excited about this new year and all it holds. I’m so thankful for my family, my friends, my job, my church, everything. We’re so blessed!
Happy 2008!
1 comment:
Whew! I feel like I just read my own journal. I'm glad there's someone else out there with a self inflicted too much to do list!
Post a Comment