Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Friday!

Good morning! It’s looking to be a rainy, gray day. Actually, I think the entire weekend is supposed to be somewhat rainy. That’s such a blessing because we’ve had so little rain this year. I know everyone is praying for a change in that pattern in the new year.

I love the weekend before New Year’s because that’s when I get into Organizational Mode. I’ll sort through my files, shredding things no longer needed, making new labels and new folders, and vowing to do a better job of keeping up with the filing. I actually did well this past year until the last few months. That would explain the pile of paperwork on top of the file box. Oh well.

We’ll also put away the Christmas decorations and give the house a good cleaning. I need to figure out a new way to decorate my mantle and I’ll pull out the few Valentine’s Day decorations that I have. There are some super cute placemats and towels at Target that I might get. The towels have pink cupcakes on them. They’ll go perfectly with my new mixer. Heehee


I also need to box up a bunch of Brady’s old toys. DH refuses to totally get rid of them, so into the attic they’ll go until they’re either needed again or sent off to college with Brady in 16 years. We’ll see which comes first.

So that’s our plans for the long weekend. We don’t usually do anything flashy or exciting for New Year’s Eve. Normally I’m sound asleep by midnight. Last year I made ribs for New Year’s Day along with some black eyed peas and collard greens. We’re doing the ribs again, but passing on those particular veggies. I’ll take the chance of bad luck versus eating black eyed peas.

Happy New Year! See you in 2008!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Happy New YEAR! (((hugs)))