Thursday, September 20, 2007

I love me a fresh calendar

Can you feel it? That sweet smell of fall in the air? The cool breeze blowing across the yard and the first few leaves floating to the ground? Okay, I know the leaves are a stretch seeing as down here in the South, the leaves wait until December 1st to drop off the trees, but you get my point.

Since school has started for everyone by now, you’ve probably noticed all the handy-dandy calendars and organizers in the stores. I love this time of year. There are few things more exciting than buying a brand new planner and trying to imagine what all will fill the pages over the next year. Doesn’t that excite you?? I got a great coupon in the mail from OfficeMax, so I’m hoping to head over there and get my new calendar this weekend. I’m keeping my fingers crossed they have one like I got last year.




I love it that much. It even comes with stickers!

Along with my portable planner, I also keep everything organized on my Outlook calendar at work. Everything is on that calendar, down to mine and Lennon’s paydays, color-coded, with what bills get paid that week listed. I also list various sales that are starting at my favorite stores or special promotions, like Gymbucks at Gymboree. Since I’m at work most of the day, I can always glance at that calendar and know exactly what’s coming up, plus it’s helpful when I’m calling about doctor’s appointments, hair appointments, etc., since I do most of that at work or at lunch.

So this will count as my “Domestic Post” of the week, since I’ve talked about home organization and family management. Right? J Happy Calendaring, Ladies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love a new calendar, too! I saw at B&N they have a planner for next year like the one I have for this year in a pretty purple color. Have fun filling your new calendar :-)