I may not mention it too often, but I’m very domestic. I love celebrating the traditions of home and family.
I love planning menus and I actually work on my grocery list for about a week before I do my shopping. It’s organized into sections with a @ by an item when I have a coupon. A little OCD, but that’s okay. That’s just how I am. That’s not to say that every night is a three-course meal with appetizers and desserts. A lot of nights we have to be somewhere or Lennon is working, so we’ll have soup and grilled cheese or hot dogs. I do like to plan bigger, longer meals for the weekend when I have the time to devote to it. But I do try to always have a dessert or snack baked and ready. Baking is one of my biggest passions, so I always enjoy creating something special for my family.
All of my housework is on a schedule:
Monday – Dusting
Tuesday – Clean bathrooms
Wednesday – Mop and sweep
Thursday – Catch up night (includes filing, organizing, bills, etc.)
Friday – Free Night
We do at least one load of laundry every night, with bedding and odd items done on the weekends. My schedule is really important to me because I hate the thought of getting to Saturday and having to spend all day on the house. Being organized and scheduled is essential whether you’re a Stay at Home Mom or if you Work Outside the Home. Since I WOTH, I’d rather spend my weekends with my family than toiling away all day on bathrooms and yard work. Does this work for every family? No, but it works for us.
I’m trying to branch into more hobbies. I love scrap booking and card making, but I find them frustrating sometimes. At least the scrap booking. I’m an “instant gratification” kind of person and I don’t always do well working on a project that is going to span a few weeks or even months. I love the idea of sewing, but every time I’ve sat down to learn, I got bored and quit. Maybe someday when I have more time. We won’t even discuss gardening. Another thing I’d love to do, but I have quite the opposite of a green thumb. Some would even call it black.
I’m going to try to do at least one post each week about something domestic. It’s really a big part of me that I’d love to share with people, or whomever is still reading this blog!
Have a great day, friends!
2 comments:
I'm so impressed with your organization girl! I need you to organize me!!!
You are just a Marfa in the making! I need to steal your list.
Post a Comment