Long time, no blog. Things have really picked up here lately in our little neck of the woods.
For starters, my in-laws are arriving on Friday and staying until Wednesday. That puts me into the usual tailspin of cleaning behind stoves, dusting ceiling fans, and sweeping underneath beds, plus a thousand other household chores. We have a whole weekend of plans including a Greenville Drive game and a trip to the NC Apple Festival in Hendersonville. We rarely have houseguests, so I like to do things up right. We’re all about Southern Hospitality at my house. There will be pecan bars ready when they arrive and fresh towels in the bathroom. It’s all those little things that really make folks feel welcome. My greatest fear would be to have guests and them feel like they’re an inconvenience or unwanted.
Fall is right around the corner, too and am I ever ready. This has been a long, hot summer. Very reminiscent of Memphis. Now the fall decorations and even Christmas trees are hitting the stores. I usually do my fall decorating Labor Day weekend, but I’ll be pushing that back a week due to our guests. I’d love to find a new wreath for the front door and a couple of fall candles. Maybe Yankee Candle Macintosh. Yummy!
This fall we’re teaching the 2 and 3 year old Sunday School class at church. This should be quite the experience, as none of us has ever taught a Sunday School class before. At least they’re too young to ask the tough theological questions. We’ll save that for the 5 year olds. I’m also doing a lot with my MOPS (Mother’s of Preschoolers) group this year. I was fortunate enough to be asked to serve on the steering team, so I get to help lead small group discussions and plan events and such. The perfect job for me! Our first meeting is next Thursday and I’m so excited to meet all the ladies in my group. I’m sending them all little “Welcome” notes this week in the mail. I love getting notes. It really brightens the day, so I hope it brightens theirs.
Well, it’s back to work. Have a fantastic day!
No comments:
Post a Comment