Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Where in the world

If you didn’t live where you do, where would you be? Is there somewhere you always saw yourself living?

My first choice would be New York City. Since I was itty-bitty, I always pictured myself living in the Big Apple. Even now, I can see myself living there with my family. We’d have a fabulous apartment. Modest, but bigger than a shoebox. I’d work in theater as a make-up artist or in wardrobe. We’d take Brady to the Central Park Zoo, MOMA, and to play dates with Sarah Jessica Parker’s son James Wilkie. I’d actually get to wear winter clothes and enjoy Christmas at Rockefeller Center. We’d also be close enough to Lennon’s family to actually see them more than every three years.

My second choice would be Austin, Texas. A little bit country, but a little bit rock and roll. Life seems a little slower in Austin, but with a funkier vibe. I would finally open that bakery I’ve dreamed of. We would live in a charming little bungalow with a front porch with a swing. We’d visit with friends and eat at all the trendy restaurants, including the one Giada de Laurentis went to that served the carrot cake French toast. Yummy!

Truth be told, I do love living where I am. We’re at the edge of the mountains, close enough to see them in the distance when you drive around town. The beach is about 3 hours away. It’s a safe area with good schools, relatively speaking. We have great hospitals, fantastic shopping and an evolving art scene. Our downtown couldn’t be better, with a great park and so many free events for families. We’re convenient to major cities like Atlanta and Charlotte. The city really takes pride in itself and that shows.

Who knows where we may end up in the future, but it’s wonderful to know all the possibilities.

Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

sheila from life @ #17 said...

Carrot Cake French Toast?! how on earth did I miss hearin' about that?!

Michelle said...

Hmmmm...probably back in NY (gasp!) but not in the city...maybe Saratoga? Or on the Cape... Brewster, MA?