Brady loves your typical toddler television: Little Einstein’s, The Wiggles, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, etc. He also has more, let’s say vintage, taste in music. His current favorite – Johnny Cash Live in Denmark, 1971. I kid you not.
Lennon got this concert from Netflix and it has become Brady’s favorite. He requests it every evening as background music for his playing, coloring, whatever. Every little bit he’ll stop and dance around to a particular song, usually Carl Perkin’s singing “Blue Suede Shoes” or the gospel songs they all do at the end. He even “sings” to Blue Suede Shoes by kicking a leg out and yelling “SHOES.” He also loves “A Boy Named Sue” and “Folsom Prison Blues.” I don’t know how I’ll explain to his teacher when he says he shot a man in Reno just to watch him die. How do you address that in a parent/teacher conference?
Thankfully, we like the concert as well, so it isn’t complete torture for it to play up to three times in an evening. Maybe next week we’ll see what he thinks of Simon and Garfunkel or David Bowie.
Variety is truly the spice of life.
2 comments:
Too funny! He certainly has good taste in music in my book :-) There's a Johnny Cash song that I just love called "One Piece at a Time"; I bet Brady would like it, too!
Love it. He is a man after my own heart...eclectic.
Post a Comment