Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

Last night I took dinner to a dear friend of mine, Ashley at Reflecting on the Simple Things. They just welcomed their first baby, Bradley. He doesn't know it yet, but Bradley is going to be Beckett's best friend! They're exactly 12 weeks apart.


I made these easy chicken enchiladas for them. We love these! I hope they enjoyed them!


Easy Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients
· 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
· 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
· 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
· 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
· Vegetable cooking spray
· 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
· 1 (8-ounce) jar tomatillo salsa
· Toppings: diced tomatoes, chopped avocado, chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives

Preparation
Stir together first 5 ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture evenly down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange seam side down in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Coat tortillas with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Stir together 8-ounce container sour cream and salsa. Spoon over hot enchiladas; sprinkle with desired toppings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These were soooooo delicious! I'm so glad you posted the recipe because you know I was going to ask for it. :)