Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Teacher's Appreciation Gifts

It’s the end of the school year and you’re probably trying to think of something to honor your child’s teachers for teaching and loving and (in some cases!) tolerating them. I actually did the following idea for Teacher’s Appreciation Week earlier this spring. Brady goes to an all-day preschool/child care center, so he’ll have the same teachers until he starts Kindergarten in August. I plan on doing a little something to thank them at that point.

A friend emailed me this idea from Skip to My Lou . All I did was purchase small pots of gerber daisies ($3.70 at Lowes) and cover the pots with scrapbook paper that I had on hand. I used a hot glue gun to attach it. I apologize for the less-than-stellar photography. These were taken with my phone. Then I used the template to create the flower-shaped signs. I glued those onto popsicle sticks and stuck them in the dirt.

Add a basket of freshly baked muffins and we were set! The teachers loved them and it was quick, cheap and easy.


Get prepared for a post with lots of pictures soon! Brady has his K4 graduation tonight. Caps and gowns and lots of tears (from Mommy!)!!

No comments: