Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hitting the Road

Happy Thursday! We had some rough weather last night. It started pouring right after we got home from church. Seriously, I haven’t seen rain like that in a long time! But today it’s gorgeous. It’s like the world is sparkling out there.

I’m very excited because I have a girl’s weekend coming up! I’m taking off work tomorrow and hitting the road to my friend’s house in NC. She invited myself and another friend of ours up for the weekend. We’ve got lots of shopping and eating and relaxing planned. Personally, I’m most looking forward to eating a meal that doesn’t involve wiping ketchup off of someone’s face or begging someone to drink their milk. It’s funny how your definition of a relaxing weekend changes once you have kids, isn’t it? I mean, I love Brady more than life itself, but a mom needs a few days away once in a while.

Well, yesterday was a big day. I finally let one of my real-life friends know about my blog. I’m sure she’s gotten a lot of enjoyment out of reading all of my random thoughts. Unfortunately, I think she is now totally convinced that DH and I are total crazy people! So it begins……………….

Y’all have a great weekend and I’ll think about you while I’m in Sephora over the weekend. Or not!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Have so much fun!!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I desperately need a girl's weekend. Have a good time for all of us.

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! And, you are so right, every busy mommy needs a break! Have fun!