Monday, December 29, 2008

Is it Monday already?


Good morning and happy Monday! I’m back at work and trying to get back to my regular routine. Getting up at 6am today was hard! Brady let me sleep until 8am most days last week, so today was a rude awakening. Literally!

We had a wonderful Christmas. Everyone got everything they wanted, but more so, we had a great time together as a family (for the most part!). Here’s a quick rundown of the week:

Monday – Brady went to school until 2pm. I had my work Christmas lunch and I ran a few errands before picking him up to officially start his vacation.

Tuesday – I don’t remember us doing too much that day. Brady was wound up for the first part of the week, trying my patience greatly! J We had the Christmas Eve Eve service at church, which I’m sure was beautiful if I could have actually stayed in and seen it (See above!)>

Wednesday – We exchanged gifts with Vivian that morning. Brady gave her a this huge Cars racetrack and she gave him a Red Sox lamp and a gift certificate to Build-A-Bear. The morning ended with them fighting over a car, Brady smacking her, and us leaving early. Thankfully, Vivian is going through the same 3 year old adventures as Brady, so everything was alright. More patience being tried, though. That night my mother-in-law and her husband came over for Christmas Eve. Even more patience being tried. Hahaha!

Thursday – The big day! Brady got up about 7:40am. He knew Christmas was coming, but it didn’t occur to him that this was the day and he should get up early. Thank goodness! But once we got him into the living room, it was every man for himself! Brady loved everything, but his Incredible Hulk figure and his GeoTrax train set were the favorites. We all got many lovely things, including lots of gift cards, which were my favorites. We had lunch around 3pm and my in-laws stopped by briefly in the evening to check out Brady’s haul. A quiet day with no running from one place to another and that’s exactly how I like it.

Friday – DH had to work. Brady and I slept in, then headed out to run some errands and check out the after-Christmas sales at Target and Hobby Lobby. I found a few things, including the Merry Christmas sign I had been eyeing at Target for a while. We then went to Chuckie Cheese for lunch. Brady had a ball. He’s been to Gattitown, but this was our first trip to CC. I forgot that they had pretty good pizza. The rest of the day was pretty quiet. DH got off work early and we just hung out around the house.

Saturday – Cleaning day! To be honest, my housework has really suffered since, oh, November. Thankfully the health department hasn’t made any surprise visits. So Saturday we cleaned the house from top to bottom. Seriously, we cleaned out under the beds, in the closets, organized toys and had numerous bags of trash and junk to get rid of. But everything looked so nice and shiny afterwards!

Sunday – Sunday School and church and then a relaxing day to get ready for a new week. I even took a nap!


Have a great week!

2 comments:

duchess said...

So glad y'all had a great Christmas. I need to do that cleaning thing here.
Take care.

Paula@SweetPea said...

Sounds like a good week! It's nice that you didn't have to drive all over going from one house to the next on Christmas day.

I have yet to venture out to shop, so I guess I missed out on any after Christmas bargains.