Well, it’s been quite a weekend and start to the week. Let’s do a little review:
My grandmother had a stroke a week ago Saturday. She was doing fairly well and we were throwing around the idea of driving up to Kentucky to see her, but we haven’t decided for sure.
Friday we went up to Asheville to see Playhouse Disney with Viv and her family. The drive there and back was fun, but honestly, I’d skip the concert and just go straight to Disney World. That’s just my opinion. The kids did have a great time, though. That’s what matters.
Then we get the call that my grandfather never showed up at the hospital to see my grandmother. A neighbor went to check on him and found him passed out on the sofa. They called an ambulance and took him to the hospital, where they found out he had pneumonia in both lungs. So he was in the same hospital as my grandmother, same floor.
We would have driven up that day, but we already had tickets to the Wiggles and I didn’t want Brady (or myself!) to miss out. If you remember, I have quite the crush on the Blue Wiggle.


It was a fantastic show and Brady absolutely loved it. We’ll definitely be seeing the Wiggles again in the future.
So Sunday morning we drove up to Kentucky to see my family. It was an exhausting weekend, just emotionally draining all the way around. We got home Tuesday evening about 6pm. They’re doing better and I think my grandmother is being discharged tomorrow and my grandfather in the next few days. My uncle is taking them to his house for a while.
So it’s been busy, fun and not so fun at the same time. I’ll have pictures from our events tomorrow or Friday.
My grandmother had a stroke a week ago Saturday. She was doing fairly well and we were throwing around the idea of driving up to Kentucky to see her, but we haven’t decided for sure.
Friday we went up to Asheville to see Playhouse Disney with Viv and her family. The drive there and back was fun, but honestly, I’d skip the concert and just go straight to Disney World. That’s just my opinion. The kids did have a great time, though. That’s what matters.
Then we get the call that my grandfather never showed up at the hospital to see my grandmother. A neighbor went to check on him and found him passed out on the sofa. They called an ambulance and took him to the hospital, where they found out he had pneumonia in both lungs. So he was in the same hospital as my grandmother, same floor.
We would have driven up that day, but we already had tickets to the Wiggles and I didn’t want Brady (or myself!) to miss out. If you remember, I have quite the crush on the Blue Wiggle.


It was a fantastic show and Brady absolutely loved it. We’ll definitely be seeing the Wiggles again in the future.
So Sunday morning we drove up to Kentucky to see my family. It was an exhausting weekend, just emotionally draining all the way around. We got home Tuesday evening about 6pm. They’re doing better and I think my grandmother is being discharged tomorrow and my grandfather in the next few days. My uncle is taking them to his house for a while.
So it’s been busy, fun and not so fun at the same time. I’ll have pictures from our events tomorrow or Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment