Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The storm is rolling in

I can’t seem to win this week.

This morning I had an email that my uncle sent my dad, telling him that my grandmother had a heart attack Tuesday night. I had just spoken with her that evening and she sounded fine. According to the email, they don’t think there was a lot of damage, but they discovered she has congestive heart failure and pneumonia. It’s a very difficult situation because my parents don’t speak to my grandparents (they’re my dads parents), hence the email communication.

My mother-in-law is upset with me about something. Go figure.

And my DH is supposed to be out-of-town this weekend, leaving me with this mess. I’m praying he’ll change his mind. I feel like I’m in the middle of a storm right now. I know God is in control and He has the plan, I know He does. But it’s hard to have faith when it all piles on like this.

"The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand."
Psalms 37:23-24.

"Cast thy burdens upon the Lord and He shall sustain you."
Pslams 55:22

3 comments:

Living Well said...

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

We don't have a God of confusion and fear, but of clarity and peace. You'll pull through and be that much stronger for it! Stay positive!

sheila from life @ #17 said...

sounds like a large pan of brownies is in order :)

I hope your granma comes around quickly...

Michelle said...

(((hugs))) I will be praying for you, dear friend.