Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bible Study

Happy Homemaker was kind enough to ask about the Bible study I do, how it’s set up, the group members, etc., and I am just now responding. I’m so sorry for my tardiness!

My group is through my church. This is third study I’ve done with them and they’ve all been Beth Moore Bible studies. We meet once a week for two hours. The first hour the moderator (is that the right word?) talks about the homework (she doesn’t check it!) and we discuss it as a group. She’s this wonderful woman named Joyce who is in her 60’s. I just love her. Then the second hour is watching the dvd session for the next lesson. The group is made up of ladies from my age (28) to their 60’s or 70’s and everything in between. It’s nice because you get to meet people you wouldn’t normally be around. They have some really great insights, too.

The Bible study lasts between 10 and 12 weeks. The homework can be a challenge to keep up with because they take 30-45 minutes a day. I have learned so much, though. The first two I did was Daniel and A Woman’s Heart: God’s Dwelling Place. This one is Believing God.

I can't tell you how much I've learned and how much closer I feel to God. You really discover things in the Scriptures that you never saw before.

I thoroughly recommend them!

1 comment:

The Gerster Family said...

I so long to join a bible study...I'm desperately searching for one that will fit into the schedule.