Thursday, May 15, 2008

Puggles Gone Bad

Last night was the end-of-the-year program for Awanas at church. In case you don’t know what Awanas is, go here for a summary. Brady is in the Puggles class, which is for kids 18mo-2 years. Great teachers, great group of kids. He has a ball and learns so much about God.

The program was really good, or at least what I saw of it. They gave the Puggles their certificates first. They called all the parents up on stage with the Puggles, so I didn't get to take pictures but the woman I had been sitting with grabbed my camera and got a few. My child was the only one who wouldn’t stand with us and accept his certificate. He was too busy trying to dig into the little plastic bucket filled with candy. Have you ever had one of those moments where you know everyone is looking at you? And not in a good way? That’s how I felt up there trying to wrangle my child while all the other ones stood by angelically. I could feel my face getting hot and I started to sweat. Ugh.

Then someone made the decision to keep the Puggles up in the sanctuary for the rest of the program. Brady did not handle that well. He wanted to eat all his candy and then run back and forth from me to DH, who was sitting in the front helping with his class. I finally ended up taking him out, then Ashlyana (another Puggle) melted down so I just took her and Brady back to the room so her mom could watch the rest of the program (they have a little boy in Cubbies). The new pastor’s wife ended up down there with her little boy, so I got to know her a little bit, which was nice. But by that time I had a splitting headache. Splitting. Just chop my head off.

After DH got Brady and Ashlyana’s mom got her, I had my Foundations Committee meeting to attend. I'm not sure the entire scope of this committee, but we're planning things like the summer socials, New Member's class, men's and women's retreats, etc. I got home around 9:00pm, but we didn't get to bed until 11pm, Brady included. That might have had something to do with all the candy he got last night. So........................

Hopefully next year will be better. Brady will be a Cubbie and will have verses to say and songs to sing. I’ll make sure to wear extra deodorant to that program!

3 comments:

duchess said...

Thanks for stopping by & wishing us luck on our move. We're actually headed your way. I'm not sure exactly which town you live in but the general area is where we're going.
If you'd like to e-mail me we can chat in more detail.
I'm sure you could help answer some questions for me.

wedwards25@nc.rr.com

sheila from life @ #17 said...

okay, I know it wasn't funny at the time, but I'm just grinning...

first, Puggles is such a cute name...and, second, the idea of all those puggles with candy-filled buckets...

oh my...LOL...

Rebecca said...

Like Sheila said, I know it wasn't funny at the time, but your post had me giggling. Can I just say...girl, I can feel your pain. Been there, done that, hope to never have to do it again! :) My Neil was such a wiggle worm, active child when he was little like Brady, I honestly could not take him anywhere. It was awful. We called him the Tasmanian Devil, and yes, he left a trail of destruction in his wake.