Tuesday, April 22, 2008

28


Yes, I turn 28 today. Two years away from the big 3-0.

I’m not sure how I pictured 28 in my mind when I was younger. I remember having a youth pastor at one point who was 28 and thinking how old that was. I think I was about 12 then.

So here I am at 28. Married for almost 7 years, mommy of an almost-3 year old little boy, living in South Carolina, working as a project accountant (Yikes! Math!), very involved in our church, and getting ready to return to school this fall. I can say that I love our life. Sure, a new house and a new car would be nice, along with a fatter bank account. But I love our family, our friends, our church, my MOPS group, I love my job even though I never imagined I’d be doing what I’m doing, and I love where we live.

Last night I was driving home from DH’s softball game, past the peach farm, and thinking how much I love living here. It’s so nice to be able to say that finally.

I can say that I’m much closer to God now than a year ago. One of my birthday presents was the Beth Moore study “Jesus – 90 Days with the One and Only.” I’m hoping that and other studies will bring me even closer to Him.

This past year has held it’s share of failures and bad days, but it’s also had the best days and the sweetest moments. Watching Brady grow up into such a little boy, with his own opinions and thoughts. I can’t imagine what he’ll be like a year from now.

As for the year ahead, there are many things already on the horizon. My in-laws will be moving here next month, We’ll be taking a trip to Boston in August to visit DH’s sisters and brother for a week. I’ll be starting school again. There will be lots of trips to the zoo, trips to the park, bedtime stories, pancake dinners, Sunday School socials, lunches with friends, new babies, new friends.

My prayer is that I savor every moment and take many more pictures. Happy Birthday to Me!

6 comments:

Hillary Jordan said...

Happy Birthday, Serah! I hope it's wonderful like you :)

LSU Melanie said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!!

28 sounds so old....i can't believe I am older than 28.

What happened to the years between 16 and 28? It seems like those years never existed they went by so fast.

I bet when we were working at the Country Creme you didn't think you would be a project accountant (big title by the way:)).

How far from you will the in-laws be living?

Melissa said...

I almost forgot....did Lennon get your that Vera Bradley purse you were wanting? I love my Vera Bradley. I am really wanting a cute pink one!!!

Deidre said...

Happy Birthday!

Yes, 90 Days with Jesus will certainly bring you closer to Him. It's a wonderful devotional.

SC is beautiful (I'm in NC). We're blessed to live in this part of the country. Love the peach farms.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!