Can I ask you all to say some prayers for the victims of the tornadoes that came through Tennessee and Mississippi last night? Most of you know that I’m from Memphis and this has really hit me hard. Right now we’re in the process of trying to get in touch with our friends and making sure that everyone is alright.
As I’ve been reading the news reports, I’ve been trying to figure out where there was damage. The Hickory Ridge Mall lost part of it’s roof and three people died in a nearby office building. The parents of a friend of mine live very near there. A tornado touched down in Southaven, MS, close to the neighborhood of another friend. And yet another tornado hit Arlington, where my best friend lives. As of right now I haven’t heard from any of them.
The death toll for the Mid-South area is around 31 people as of this morning. Please say some prayers for these people and the ones they leave behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment