Hello there!
I’ve been conflicted about posting this week. We have some serious issues going on in my family (my parents and grandparents) and it’s been heavy on my spirit this week. There’s a lot of bitterness and anger and refusing to forgive. In the wake of everything, I haven’t really felt like doing some fluffy posts about spring fashion or my newest recipe. On the flip side, I don’t really feel like this is the place to air all of our dirty laundry and lay my feelings out for everyone, especially since some of my family do read this blog occasionally.
I did read something in my Bible study this week that has rung in my ears. Bitterness is spiritual cancer. Bitterness can take over your life and you can pass it on to your children. People may refuse to forgive because they feel like that makes whatever happened “okay.” Forgiving makes YOU okay. God will deal with the other person or persons
Thanks for understanding.
3 comments:
(((Serah))) You are so right about forgiveness. I'm also doing a study, but about grace. I am learning that God expects us to forgive others, just as He forgives us. You know that line from the Lord's prayer..."forgive us of our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"? I wonder now, if we always asking God to forgive us, how can we not forgive others who have hurt or wronged us?
Know what you mean about how/what you post on your blog. I thought about the same thing too these past few days, when dealing with some isses we're facing in my family. Love you girl!
Sounds like that Bible Study was just what you needed. God's good like that, isn't HE????
(((hugs girlfriend)))....I will say a pray for peace!
Post a Comment