Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day After Christmas












We survived! Another Christmas is behind us.

Monday I ended up working a half day and then we drove down to my parents. The plan was to leave at lunch and Brady would nap on the way there (it’s an hour and 15 minute drive). Well, he didn’t fall asleep until 7 miles from their house. He was reasonably good for the day considering he was operating on very little nap. We stayed through dinner and dessert. Jourdan and the girls opened their gifts, the money I had cleverly rolled up in boxes with little tags that said “Pull Me!” We got home and got Brady into bed without any problems (he slept the entire way home) and then put out the Santa gifts. There was much discussion this year as to whether Santa gifts were wrapped or unwrapped. I lost the fight, er, discussion, and the Santa gifts were wrapped in lovely red polka-dotted paper.

Christmas morning I got up around 7am and got ready and started breakfast. DH and Brady got up at 7:30am. It took a few minutes before we sat down to start opening gifts. Brady opened his first package, which was a stack of books, and sat down with the first one and started reading. We said “Buddy, you have a ways to go before you can do that!” He finally got into it and started opening his boxes. Anything that was encased in industrial strength plastic had to be opened immediately or we heard “Open it, Daddy, Open it!” over and over. He was pretty worn out by the end and we had to open his last 3 gifts for him. He even took his nap before lunchtime!

The day was relatively quiet overall. We had lunch and I started reading my new book, Home to Holly Springs, by Jan Karon, while Brady napped. When he got up we played with him and his new toys. We have our big holiday meal in the evening, so I got started on that at 4pm. We all went to bed early last night in preparation of returning to work today.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday morning:









This was the first picture I took. Obviously, Brady wasn't that awake yet.




Here's when he wanted to stop and read his first gift.








Opening his Patriots shirt from Uncle Rob.










Smilling for the camera!

















Opening yet another gift.










The aftermath.

1 comment:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Brady is so cute! I'm glad that your little family had a good day together. Congratulations on your pink mixer!